Hey Everyone,

 I am soo soo happy because i finally did the deed and Big Chopped yesterday (4-08-2010). I have no regret whatsoever but quite relieved to be totally 100% natural- well about time!!! Here's of pic of my new hair :-)



Now I can say my journey to Natural Freedom has really began and i'm looking forward to see progress with my new hair. I've learnt soo much about natural hair care ever since i made that decision to go natural about 4 months ago. Although i transitioned for 8 months, the first 4 months, i  was strecthing  my relaxer .

Hours before i big chopped, i went to town to stock up on some accessories for my soon-to-be uber short hair to add to my collection, as if i didn't have enough already. This is what i bought:

2 braided strech bands, 2 feather clips, grips and chain band- all
from PRIMARK ;-)
One may ask, was i scared, nervous, anxious, worried to cut off all my relaxed hair off? The answer is
 N O P E!!!!
I was really happy to see those hairs on the floor rather than on my head. sounds weird huh??? i just couldnt wait to be natural and i'm soo glad i did it. the only thing i was worried about was length, which in the end wasn't such a big issue for me, as long as i could grab on some hair, that was all i was looking for. its at the perfect length for some TWA styles that i want to try so please stay tuned for some afrotatsic hairstyles lol.

Take Care and Stay Blessed

5 comments:

Nayomi Pennant said...

Congratulations!

Classy Kinks said...

Thank you very much Beautifulms, I love your blog by the way, glad I've found a fellow UK natural hair blogger. HHJ xx

Nayomi Pennant said...

Thank you! Your blog looks good already btw.

And as for UK natural hair blogger there are quite a few of us now, check out;

http://hairspiration.blogspot.com/ by natural belle who is an amazing fashinista

http://www.thenaturallounge.com/ by Angel whose running a meet-up in centra London

http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/ by JC who does the science of natural hair

It's great to see the natural hair movement closer to home. Where in the UK are you from?

Classy Kinks said...

Oh tnx u very much for these reccommendations, I'll definately check them out, I love to attend of the meet ups. I live in Slough which is like 20mins on the train to Paddington. I need as much info that I can get to for this journey, but I'm loving it so far :-). Thanks for tips xx

Unknown said...

I see we have the same pink clip thingy, cute and you love you some accessories too. I will be stalking your accessory buy hun ;)

Post a Comment