Hey Everyone :-)



Today i recieved yet another order and it was my SHEA BUTTER. Gotta say i love this stuff ever since i came to discover it through the natural hair community. i buy mine from AKOMA which is small business offering natural fairtrade products. AKOMA is a company that plays a critical commercial role in building and maintaining import and export trade between Ghana and the international markets. when i buy shea butter from this company, not only do i have confidence that the product im buying is 100% organic certified and its the real deal, but also the people who work hard to produce these butters are recieving a fair wage for all thier hard work. Check out their website for yourself and help their business grow :-) I'm not sure if their business extends across the pond (USA) as they are based here in the UK.

PS: Akoma International has not paid me to advertise for them in any way, im just a loyal customer who is happy with their services and what they offer back to the community they work with.



I've been using Shea Butter mainly for my body and not on my hair as i'm not 100% fully natural yet and dont want to waste such good product. Ive tried to make my own body butters and there are cases when they have turned out to be be the way i like. heres a pic of some butters that ive made so far

whipped to a creamy texture
re- whipped to light fluffy soft texture
Ingredients: (in no particualr order with rough measurements)
  • Shea Butter
  • Cocoa Butter
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
  • Coconut Oil
  • Castor Oil
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Almond Oil
  • Glycerine
  • Vitamin E Oil
  • Peppermint Essential Oil
I know thats a lot of ingredients, bear in mind my skin is very dry plus also thats the beauty of making your own body butters, you can add whatever you want.
How i made my Shea Buter Me Up

  1. Boil Water in Pan
  2. using the water bath method - melt the cocoa butter first, then the shea butter
  3. mix them together and stir as it cools down
  4. now add your oils and mix/stir them together with the mixer
  5. let it cool for a while- 20-30mins
  6. it should start to form but not to a solid staste
  7. using the hand mxer, mix it again and leave it to stand
  8. whip it agin with the mixer until you reach a desired texture
Hope tthis helps, if not here is the guideline i used, there are also a few tutorial videos on youtube. Have fun making your own body butters, you'll love it.

Take care and God Bless

5 comments:

Nayomi Pennant said...

What a coincidence I was just looking at their website yesterday! I totally cosign with you totally trustworthy, brilliant company. My mum order some stuff from them it came quick and in one piece, I think I might buy some stuff in large quantities because you can get like 25kg of Shea Butter from Akoma.

Classy Kinks said...

Oh I'm so glad that you think of them the same way I do. They're a brilliant company, I usually buy them in small quantities, dnt think I'll have a safe place to store 25kg. I bought the 160g the other day, I haven't even used half of it yet. Lol

Nayomi Pennant said...

I'd probably sell it on or experiment with making lotions/whips if I ordered a whole lot but I wouldn't 25kg just yet lol!

Anonymous said...

sounds fantastic for both hair and skin!

Classy Kinks said...

@ Pilar, it made my skin soo smooth and soft and made a batch for my hair with EVOO, Avocado, Jojoba and peppermint oil days later. i made another bacth recently and it all went wrong lol, dont know what i did, guess ill be wacthing tutorials videos on yotube again lol

Post a Comment